Thursday, November 3, 2011
Reaction to the Erie Canal
At work today I heard Mr.Demarco (my employer) talking about a new "canal", called the Erie Canal. I don't know what a Canal is but Mr.Demarco said it would create a lot of jobs and allow for more places passed the Great Lakes to recieve goods from over here in the city. He also said that he will be able to get different supplies and foods from the west. Its all pretty exciting, I am looking forward to what he might be ordering from the west. I dont think the New Canal will effect Gabriel's (my husband) job as a laborer in the factories much, but maybe it will allow for him to get paid more, with more things to be made so they can be shipped to the west. Well maybe we will find out more later on this "Canal".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment